Eye on Privacy
Week of February 19thNew York City To Create Panopticon (Wired)
Week of February 8thMultiple Marketing sites lauded for implementation of double opt-in mailers, plus SSL implementations for financial transactions.
Legal online gaming would require some government oversight, if this type of business is to ever touch American soil. Tax information on winnings would be subpoenaed.
Week of January 16th
Other Privacy News, Notes, and Websites
The 2008 HP-IAPP Privacy
2008 marks the sixth consecutive year that the IAPP will recognize organizations of different sizes and from different industries that have made significant contributions to the field or privacy in the past year. Three lucky winners will be honored on September 24 at the 2008 IAPP Privacy Academy in beautiful Orlando, Florida across these award categories:
- Small Organization: Private or public sector nominee with fewer than 5,000 employees
- Large Organization: Private or public sector nominee with 5,000 or more employees
- Technology: Vendor company that offers a unique privacy technology or service
distinguished panel of judges for 2008 includes the former national
privacy commissioner for Australia, a U.S. government agency official
for privacy, a leading European privacy attorney and the chief privacy
officer of a major global technology company.
Get your organization’s privacy accomplishments recognized. Submit your Nomination for the 2008 HP-IAPP Privacy Innovation Award!
- Eli Lilly & Company (Large Organization)
- The California Office of Privacy Protection (Small Organization)
- Novell, Inc. (Technology)
- Royal Philips Electronics and General Electric Corp. (Large Organization)
- ATB Financial (Small Organization)
- Voltage Security, Inc. (Technology)
- Sprint Nextel (Large Organization)
- Ontario Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (Small Organization)
- Watchfire (Technology)
- Microsoft (Private Sector)
- USPS (Public Sector/Non-profit)
- eBay (Private Sector)
- Office of the CIO, Government of Alberta (Public Sector/Non-profit)